Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Blessings from above

Hey yall!

Can I just tell you that I am beyond amazed at the love of our Heavenly Father? He loves us so much and because he loves us, He is constantly pouring blessings upon us. Blessings that, I'm sure, we don't necessarily deserve.

We have seen so many blessings and tender mercies this week. We worked hard, biking a lot (and sweating a lot), knocking on doors and talking with everyone we saw. But for some reason, we were not finding anyone to teach.

Saturday evening we realized he hadn't had a single new investigator that week. We were talking with everyone and finding a bunch of potentials but no new. We were a little worried but during our dinner hour we said a prayer asking Heavenly Father to guide us to those who were waiting for us and starting going through our potential investigator list. A few names stuck out to us of people we hadn’t talked to since the first week we had gotten to the area. We called them and both said they would love to learn more about us and asked if we could meet Sunday night!! We had great lessons with both of them, making sure we started with HTBT and invited both to be baptized, resulting in two "YESSES!"

During Sacrament Meeting, Sunday, my companion and I were a little bit disappointed because  none of our investigators who had said they would come had shown up. At the end of the meeting, however, a member walks up to us introducing us to his friends who have been coming off and on for awhile now and wants to learn more about our church. We are looking forward to meeting with them this week!  Then, as we were walking out a former investigator, who was the LAST person we expected to be at church, walks by with her member friend. Realizing that Heavenly Father has yet again blessed us with someone at church we snuck in a quick grateful prayer before heading off to our next class.

Sunday was full of grateful prayers. Heavenly Father blesses us so much. Most of the time I feel so undeserving of the blessings and miracles that He so readily pours out upon us. But I'm grateful for the opportunity to witness them firsthand and be so close to our Heavenly Father as we work to help those around us receive the restored gospel.

I feel like Ammon in the Book of Mormon when he talks about everything he has been able to accomplish with the Lords help and he says:

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore, I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles have we wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."

Overall, this week has been one of my favorite weeks of my mission. Not because we accomplished a lot or anything like that, but because this week I have truly been able to see Heavenly Father lead us in His work. The lessons that we had were so spirit-led and we have been able to find the greatest people to teach because of Him.

I hope y'all are able to see the hand of God in your life this week as well! I love y'all!

Love, Sister Merritt

Pictures from last week I didn't send... Oops (:






No comments:

Post a Comment