Sunday, December 6, 2015

Thanksgiving

Hello! 

I hope y'all had a fabulous thanksgiving and ate lots of food (: we have had such a good week.

First, Herman stopped smoking! He hasn't had a cigarette for a week now, so he is back on date to be baptized the 12th of December. He is trying so hard and he wants to be baptized so badly. So Charlie and Herman will have a combined baptism (: we are so excited!

Second, HAPPY THANKSGIVING. Thursday morning we helped with a 8k which was just super fun. Basically all we did was stand on a corner and told people to turn right, but it was so much fun (: we saw lots of running turkeys. We then went to the Lee's home for Thanksgiving dinner. It was delicious and was so fun to be with them for thanksgiving. They had lots of family over, so it was a crowded home but plenty of food (: we then went around to a bunch of the members and investigators and put something on their doors letting them know how much we are thankful for them (: it was a good day.

Third, we had many miracles happen this week. One day we had just finished a lesson with a less active and we where on our way to other side of town for our plans, but we felt like we needed to turn around and go the opposite way to stop in on another less active. We did. They weren't home. We had a potential who lived in that same neighborhood and we decided to visit him, even though his car wasn't there. A woman opened the door saying "Where have you been!? I haven't seen you girls in forever! You look good!" We were really surprised because we had never met this woman in our lives. We played along though and she told us she really needed to be closer to Heavenly Father at this point in her life. It was amazing to see how Heavenly Father was able to lead us to her right when she needed us most.

Last night we received a phone call from a lady named Leila. She had told us that she had been meeting with missionaries online but they told her to contact us. She had a lot of questions that she wanted answers to. She had met with missionaries before about a year ago, but she was only just curious about what we believe, so they dropped her. She told us though that she continued to read and she knows and feels deep down that is right and true, but she's scared. She was so excited when we told her that we would love to meet with her and help her he best we could. People are being prepared, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to find those people (or for them to find us!)

Anna is still doing great! We love her so much! We had a lesson planned this week and she calls us up and says "could we go get pedicures while you teach me?" So naturally we said "of course!" So now, my toes are happy and her soul is becoming happier (: win win.

Anyway, I am so thankful for this gospel and the opportunity I have to be on a mission. I'm thankful for my Savior who is with me every step of the way. Every door I knock, every person I talk with, every card I share, I know He is there. I'm thankful for family and friends like y'all who are the best support system that I could ever ask for. I love you!

Love, Sister Merritt





No comments:

Post a Comment