Monday, June 8, 2015

Hot, Humid and Holy

Ya'll are my favorite people. Did you know that?

First of all, WE GOT IPADS THIS WEEK. That's right folks, this email is coming to you live from my brand new iPad! It's been such a blessing having this as a teaching tool. We've been able to show Mormon messages right on the doorstop and it opens people right up to our message. Our favorite one to show is "Because Of Him." If you haven't seen it, GO WATCH IT. I've seen it so many times and I still feel the spirit so strong whenever I watch it again or show it to somebody. Tears come from people's eyes! The only weird response we got from somebody was from this southern baptist who said "so close but you missed the point." The point is right in front of you sir. You just watched it. Oh well.

We were able to go to the temple this week which was such a blessing. It was so much fun going with a bunch of other sister missionaries and getting to know them better. I wish we could go more than twice a year. While we were in Atlanta we ran into some Elders from the Atlanta mission and they said they got to go to the temple 8 times a year! Okay, spoiled. That's okay, I'm just grateful I had the opportunity to go. I also ran into someone with a USU game day shirt and I got really excited cause I thought I was back in Logan for a second.

We have three new investigators this week. A mother and her two daughters who are so stinking cute! We love them and just want to hang out with them all the time. We also had the opportunity to watch our cute investigator Chelsea receive her first priesthood blessing. It was such a precious moment. We love her <3 While tracting we ran into this Muslim man who didn't want to learn about our message at all but invited us in to teach his daughter who just graduated from high school. She wanted a copy of the Book of Mormon and was really excited to read it. She taught us about her faith and we taught her about ours. I actually really enjoyed learning about what she believed. It was interesting (: We were able to go into a nursing home and talk to the older ladies in there. They were so cute, even though one of them flashed us both LOL. We were able to sing some hymns for them and they really enjoyed it. This week has been so hot too! It's bad. Haha but although most people don't want to hear our message they always offer to feed us or give us some water. So I guess in a way we're really blessed. Life is beautiful, especially here in Georgia.

Love,
Sister Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment