Monday, July 6, 2015

Week of the Fourth


Hey ya'll.

I hope everyone had a fabulous fourth! I had a wonderful day for sure. We were able to meet. Lot of new people which was nice. No BBQS or picnics or parties though. Just tracting. Good 'ol tracting.

So SURPRISE, Chelsea is getting baptized FRIDAY!!! She's ready to be baptized, she's practically a member already. I think she knows more than I do about the church.. She's even come out to lessons with us and she's been tracting and everything. I'm so excited for her <3

We've been working with a less active named Kim, it's hard to explain Kim. She thinks everything is a sign. And when I mean everything I mean EVERYTHING. She calls us her tribe sisters because we all come from the tribe of ephraim. (It's a sign that we're meant to work with her). She goes to the temple and the church and just sits in her car and prays. She loves the hardback Book of Mormon because you see more miracles from them. She's cute. We're lucky to work with her. She's been coming back to church and staying ALL 3 meetings which is great! She's working on getting a temple recommend right now, so that's what we're helping her with.

We've gotten in with a lot of less actives this week. It's interesting to find out why people have stopped coming to church. Kind of sad actually. I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week in alma 49 when the Lamanites were going to invade the Nephites. The Lamanites knew the Nephites weak spots and planned to attack there. Moroni knew they were coming too, and built walls up around their cities and strengthened their weak areas so the Lamanite's stones and arrows could not get in.

I feel like we can relate to this. The adversary knows our weak spots and he's going to attack. But if we strengthen our weak spots with things like church attendance, prayer and scripture study the adversary can't get in. I'm so grateful to be here in my area on a mission. I'm grateful that I can help these people realize how important it is to nourish our spirits each and every day and to learn that for myself. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I absolutely love being a missionary and I hope everyone gets the chance to be (:


Love,
Sister Merritt


No comments:

Post a Comment