Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Busy Week!


Hello <3

So this week has been so great. We have been able to have so many lessons this week and we found four new investigators and lots of potentials. Yay! We also went on exchanges, had interviews with President, and went to a one month follow up meeting for Sister Holmgren. Yes, we have been extremely busy this week.

The new family we are teaching are from Australia. Yes, I love their accents. Yes, sometimes I try to copy them. They are a part-member family and the mother (member) has been wanting their kids to be taught for so long. We are so excited for them to start coming to church and progressing towards baptism.

I went on exchange with another greenie, Sister Fuller. I wanted to show her how amazing the Shallowford area was so we stopped in on as many people as we could and got in with every single one of them, which just doesn't happen. Since we got in with so many people and had WONDERFUL lessons, we didn't have much time to tract, hallelujah, but we felt impressed to do at least one street. We prayerfully chose three houses that we could tract and we had good meaningful contacts and was able to teach the four minute restoration on all three doorsteps. The last home, the lady just moved here and was looking for a church to go to. She asked to have a copy of the Book of Mormon and said we could come back in a week to teach her more! Miracles.

Saturday before dinner we had about a half hour to kill and had already gone through all our plans. We looked through our area books and found a former investigator who lived close by and we felt prompted we needed to go to her home. She answered the door and was super friendly and open. We were able to answer all her questions she had about the Book of Mormon and life after death. She told us she would like to know more about what we believe. We gave her a reading assignment out of the Book of Mormon and she wants us to come back and follow up with her on her reading and to teach her more. It just goes to show how the spirit works in our lives. If we hadn't of acted on that prompting we probably would've never had gone to her.

I'm so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve our Heavenly Father for 18 months and for the things that I am able to learn. I feel like I have a greater understanding of how the Holy Ghost works in our lives and I'm so grateful to have it as my constant companion as long as I'm worthy. I love the Shallowford Ward. Im convinced it's the best. What would make it even better is if all ya'll were here too! I miss ya'll. I'm grateful for all your support and love. <3

Love, Sister Merritt





No comments:

Post a Comment