Wednesday, September 2, 2015

"Awesome-Sauce" ?


Hey ya'll.


This week has been eventful and uneventful all at the same time. Don't ask me how that happens. 

First of all. We went to visit Jennifer this week and she tells us she has news. SHE GOT A SUNDAY OFF OF WORK. About time. She was able to come to Stake Conference and loved it! She is now back on date to be baptized on the 12th of September- and we all could not be more excited!! 

Second of all, we have been teaching these two girls, Jade and Isis. Their grandma wanted us to do a bible study with them. So we have been tying in the bible stories with the Book of Mormon stories and our lessons. It's been really fun aaaannnnd they want to be baptized as well! September 19th. We are working hard toward these baptism dates. It's never easy when satan is working against you. But Alma 26:12 states that "in His strength I can do all things." We can do it (: 

Other than that it's been pretty slow. I mean, we have had lessons but there isn't too much progress happening, which is okay. Baby steps. We had Stake Conference this week. It was really wonderful, all about the family and how we can strengthen our testimonies in the home. I also learned that "awesome-sauce" was added to the dictionary?? REALLY?? Oh dear. Bless the future generations.

It's been so cool this week! I have absolutely loved it! There has been a cool breeze with almost no humidity. HEAVEN.  And the bugs have been dying down, which is amazing as well. I have gotten used to people calling me ma'am here in the south. But I don't like it. It makes me feel like an old lady. However, I catch myself saying, "yes ma'am" or "no ma'am" all the time now. And "bless his heart"-- that's a southern favorite I guess. Anyway.

I was just informed last night that the Shallowford Ward had their first baptism in five years last year. And it's just been growing ever since. The Lord is hastening His work and I feel so blessed to be part of it. There are amazing missionaries that I have the opportunity to know, learn from, and work with here. The members are greatly involved with missionary work, always giving us referrals and praying for their family and friends to accept the gospel. The people that we see on the streets and in their doors are friendly and are slowly but surely being prepared! Let's all pray for enough faith and courage to share this gospel with all who will listen. 

Have a great week. I love ya'll! 

Love, Sister Merritt

No comments:

Post a Comment