Wednesday, April 20, 2016

HENRY


Hey'all.

SOOO... I moved... Again. Moving is stressful but now I live in Loganville in the nicest little apartment y'all have ever seen. And it's a lot better than my last which was in a red zone, near a mental hospital, and smelled like smoke... Until our downstairs neighbor was arrested Easter morning. Really safe. But my new address is:

333 meadows drive
Loganville, GA 30052

This week I went on Exchange with Sister Lang in the fort Yargo Ward. She is seriously darling. I love her to death and we had so much fun and witnessed so many tender mercies. We met 5 new investigators and helped the nonmember father of a member family cry because the spirit was so powerful in our plan of salvation lesson. One of the new investigators was a potentials roommate. She (Talaya) answered the door, said the potential wasn't there and was about to close the door when we said really fast "Well, do you want to learn about our church?" She opened it up and then said .."actually, yes. I would." We taught her about the restoration on her front porch and invited her to church right as the potential walked in. Talaya then turned to her and said "I think I'm going... Actually. I KNOW I'm going to the Mormon church Sunday, are you coming?" Solid! They both went to church yesterday and loved it. (:

We had a really cool miracle happen this week. We had a lot of referrals because the Monroe sisters referred everyone over to us who lived in the Loganville area. So We had a lot of Uncontacted referrals and were rebuked by sister Bennion. So we repented and sat down and called every single person we had in our area books and we were able to find great new investigators from doing so. One of which was Henry. Henry had been a Book of Mormon referral who came in a couple months ago. The sister gave him the Book of Mormon but we hadn't been able to get back in with him since. When we called him, he sounded very excited to talk to us, he told us he would like to meet so we set up a church tour for Saturday evening. The church tour went GREAT! The spirit was so strong especially as we sat in the chapel and talked about the sacrament. He said he had never felt as peaceful as he did at that moment. He even pulled out the stress test on his phone. We invited him to be baptized and he accepted a date and he even set a time!! The next day he came to church, telling us he would only stay for the first hour. After sacrament meeting, as he is exiting the chapel he runs into one of the members which so happens to be his neighbor. They talk and the question arises, "Are you Mormon??" To which Henry replied, "Not yet, but someday soon!" The Ward was great!! Every single person introduced themselves to Henry and pulled him into Sunday school AND priesthood with them. After church we asked him how he liked it. "I loved it! Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. You'll see me here next week." All yesterday we were recieving calls from the members asking if they could come with us to the next lesson with
Henry. The Ward is definitely on fire! They are so excited for missionary work and missionary experiences. (:

Anyways. We had a great week. Lots of miracles and lots of blessings from our Heavenly Father. I love this work more than anything. It has completely changed me. I still have a lot of changing to do, but I know that if I give everything to my Heavenly Father I will only grow into the person He wants me to be. I feel so lucky to have the opportunity to experience these miracles first hand.

I love and miss y'all lots.

Love, Sister Merritt



No comments:

Post a Comment