Wednesday, April 20, 2016

EVERYDAY IS MAGNIFICENT

Hello!

Okay, how good was general conference?? So good! I absolutely loved every single second and everything seemed to apply to my life and was definitely an answer to prayer. I loved W. Christopher Waddell's counsel to "Learn, Listen and Walk" to find the peace the gospel brings. President Uchtdorf's words of comfort telling us that our Heavenly Father can and will rebuild us and that we are worthy of rescue simply because we are loved by the Good Shepherd. Elder Holland's promise that "Everyday is going to be magnificent. Why? Because our Heavenly Father wants it to be." And of course the words of our dear Prophet that our choices determine our destiny. EVERYTHING WAS SO GOOD.

My week has been good. I went on exchange with Sister Nuusa this week which was so much fun. I learned a lot from her. She's the cutest. And we were able to see so many miracles. I learned a lot about body extending commitment invitations and how it shows our faith in the gospel and in the investigator/less active.

I got to see Trevor and Anna this weekend because Trevor's mom lives in this Ward! Anna had great news to tell me. So ever since I've been teaching her we have been asking her and asking her to pray about what we have been teaching and about the Book of Mormon but she has been so stubborn and hasn't. Well she told me that she indeed WAS praying about it but just didn't want to tell us. She told me that she finally got her answer. "I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet. And I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know everything that you've taught me is true." Ahhhh!!!! I was just bawling. I'm so happy for her.

We had a cool miracle happen this week. We were trying to contact a referral we have had for awhile. They didn't have a phone number, just an address. As we pull into the trailer park we realize that we are supposed to be looking for lot #1 but the trailers only had letters, not numbers. We see a woman outside and ask her if she knew the people we are trying to find, she didn't and neither did anyone else we talked to. We decided to just try the first trailer in the park. We knocked on the door and a man named Hank answered. He tried to help us with our referrals but he didn't know them either. So we started teaching him instead. His sister-in-law was just baptized into the Mormon church and he told us how he saw a change in her after she started meeting with the missionaries and how much happier she has become since she had been baptized. We taught and testified about the Book of Mormon and how it brings peace and joy to our lives, after which, he asked where he could get a copy of one. We gave him a copy, a reading assignment and made a return appointment. It was amazing to see how Heavenly Father leads us to the places where he has been preparing His children.

Anyways, I'm so grateful to be here at this time. I am so grateful for a living prophet to guide us in these days. I know he is truly the mouthpiece for our Heavenly Father here on earth.

I love y'all!!

Love, Sister Merritt






No comments:

Post a Comment